- June 25, 2022
- Posted by: Atul Sharma
- Category: Laptop Repair
Just think of a situation in which you’re working on your laptop and suddenly one of the keys from the laptop pops up. In other situations it may not be much of a hassle but in a situation where your work is pending, it may prove to be a big problem. In this blog we are going to discuss about five best laptop keyboard repair methods that will come in handy if you are stuck in such a situation.
Understanding the essence of the problem whether it is hardware or software
Before moving forward to solving the issue you need to understand what kind of issue is there with the system whether it is regarding the hardware of the system or it is regarding the softwares that is installed in the system. To understand the type of problem that exists helps you solve it better as the steps that will be performed in order to solve the issue will be different with respect to hardwares or softwares. Sometimes the problem exists with the hardware itself and sometimes the Windows itself is unable to recognise the keyboard due to a software glitch. Hence in order to understand the 5 best laptop keyboard repair methods you need to first narrow down your problem by understanding whether the issue is regarding the hardware or the software. In order to check that just reboot your system, enter UEFI or BIOS by pressing the ‘Delete’ or ‘Esc’ button and in case you are unable to do that then There are maximum chances that the problem exists with the hardware. If none of that happens then chances are that Windows is unable to recognise the software of the keyboard. Now you need to just exit the BIOS without saving the changes and follow the methods described below.
Software Related Issues
Reboot your system: Rebooting the system can fix a thousand problems regarding the system And is also one of the easiest and much recommended methods in order to fix the most simplest issues regarding PCs. If due to the problem of the keyboard you are unable to reboot your system then just hold the power button for 10 to 15 minutes which will turn off the system then you can turn it back on.
- Reinstallation of the keyboard driver: Due to the installation of third party softwares into your system, the driver managing your keyboard in your system may run into some kind of a problem. In order to fix this issue you need to go into the device manager in your system, if any of the devices in this section are flashing an exclamation mark next to it then it means that there is some problem. Although rebooting the system should solve this issue, if it doesn’t then go to the laptops manufacturer page and install the latest drivers for the keyboard.
- Change the layout of the keyboard: Sometimes there are issues regarding the key generated by the keyboard. you struggle pressing one button but with keyboard types something else. Such a situation can be very frustrating. in order to fix this issue in the start menu type ‘language’ to find Windows’ Region & Language settings panel. Here you can click one you want to use.
- Virus Attack: If none of the above discussed solutions work then there are pretty good chances at your system is affected by a virus. In that case running a malware scanner in your system can save the situation.
Hardware Related Issues
- Dust – the Danger: All the above discussed laptop keyboard repair methods were regarding software related issues but if in case from the above instructions you were able to charge that your system is going through hardware related issues then the first thing you must take care is whether your system is clean or is subjected to entrapped dust. The first thing you must do in order to clean it is hold it upside down and give it a good shake. Sometimes food crops from your last snack get trapped in the keys of your keyboard. such a situation is much more dangerous for older laptops but still you can give it a try even if you have a new system.
- Remove the battery of the system: The battery which resides under the keyboard if removed and plugged in again may solve your situation. Otherwise you can also try booting the system without the battery installed in it using only AC power.
In all the discussed laptop keyboard repair methods the first step is to judge whether the issue is regarding the software or the hardware after which finding the solution will become easier for the user.