- April 3, 2022
- Posted by: Rattnam Shukla
- Category: E-Waste
E-Commerce has become the driving force of the world’s economy in recent years. It has played an undeniably vital role in shaping the world that we see today. The best part about E-commerce is that it is not only profit-oriented, in fact it is now widely used in a philanthropic way also, whether it is supplying food items otr medicines to any part of the world, E-Commerce has come a long way. But just like the one that we have discussed here there is yet another form of E-Commerce which is termed as Reverse Logistics. Do not get overwhelmed by the technical terminology, if we try to put it in simple words then it would mean the returning of the goods. To make things more clear for you we will discuss reverse logistics in E-Commerce in detail.
Reverse Logistics: Understanding the Basics
If you try to understand Reverse Logistics in a simple way then it would mean the return of the ordered goods. Let us try to understand it with the help of an example: When your order something online whether it is medicines, clothes, accessories, any food item or anything that can be ordered online, when you receive the same and you are not satisfied with the quality of the product delivered, or you feel that the package has been tampered or the product that has been received is different from the one that was ordered etc. then you place a return request, this where the Reverse logistics comes into play. It is basically taking the product from the place where it is supposed to be consumed or used to the place where it had originated. Reverse logistics is designed to focus on customer satisfaction and doing a purposeful trade which is customer-oriented.
Why is Reverse Logistics Important? Why do we need it?
Now, our readers must be wondering why is Reverse Logistics so important? The answer is probably in your own experience. If you are not satisfied with what you got as a result of an online purchase you would definitely want it to be returned and that too without much ado. If you have to put in a lot of effort to reach the executives to return your product you will probably never choose to continue with that website for next time onwards. This was just one point, we shall discuss about different reason as to why reverse logistics is so important:
- Customer Satisfaction: When the customers’ problems are heard they feel satisfied, in the same way if the undesired product is returned without much of a hassle then their belief in the ecommerce website only increases. This is what is aimed at. The more the customer satisfaction the better will the businesses as there will be increased engagement by the customers.
- Gaining and Retaining the Customers: If the Reverse Logistics are good then there will be an exponential increase in the customers as well. Not only this, the customers will also choose to stay and this is actually preferable for the E-Commerce.
- Ensures a Strategic Edge: A customer can reach and assess your websites only by either visiting your website and the other is how the orders and requests are fulfilled. Any type of lacuna in either of these can affect the goodwill of the websites. The point is that many E-Commerce sites will have alluring websites but the real game starts when the order is placed, it is here where the real game starts so it is important this part is taken care of to have a strategic advantage.
- Profit Gain is assured: In assessing the importance of reverse logistics in E-Commerce we cannot ignore that when the customer is satisfied and the b business grows it means that you will gain profit which means that you will be able to satisfy the stakeholders as well, who in turn will invest in the expanding your business and thus enhancing the market value of your brand.
How To Execute the Reverse Logistics
Effective and efficient Reverse Logistics play an important role in conditioning your business so it is very important to strike a perfect balance between your customers as well as your business partners. For this to happen in the manner you want it is imperative that you first devise the policies that will be followed with respect to the return of the goods. This in turn can only be done if you have an understanding of the what are prime reasons that contribute to the return requests from the customers. This will help you to prepare the methodology that you will use to fulfill the return request.
At the end of this blog, all we can say is that buying is far easier than making returns and it is the return policy that will impact your business significantly. Hence, we cannot deny the fact that reverse logistics in E-Commerce do play an important part in the success of the business.